CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
IronRidge Resources is committed to being a responsible global citizen and a ‘good neighbour’ in all areas of work. IronRidge Resources’ project areas are sparsely populated and have extensively engaged all local stakeholders – from the provincial government in both Makokou and Tchibanga to the traditional community leaders and Village Chiefs.
IronRidge believes the key to being a good neighbour lies in regular, open dialogue with the communities in which we work commencing at grassroots level. IronRidge’s Geologists and local staff leading the effort and actively contribute to our belief that the company is a part of the community.
We’re conscious of our impact on the environment and have developed different practises that allow us to work with a sustainable, environmentally minded approach. We recognise the importance of leading and promoting the highest principles and practices to ensure health and safety for our team onsite and within our wider community.
We take pride in providing equal opportunities for employment.
Our goals are:
· Continue to make a strongly positive contribution to the local community;
· To have an injury and incident free workplace through ongoing commitment to best practices and regulations in Workplace Health and Safety
· Provide medical assistance and training to both our employees and local community members
· Rehabilitate the land and continue to improve and expand our reforestation initiatives
· Regularly monitor the surrounding soil and waterways
· Develop and operate equal opportunities and policies for all staff
IronRidge pledges to employ local workforce where possible, and support the local economy through community businesses, sponsorships and social events.
Contributing to Environmental Sustainability
IronRidge pledges to contribute positively to the community in which we work, avoiding and minimising potential impacts on the environment is paramount.
· Health and Safety objectives
· No business objective will take priority over health and safety.
· No task is so important or urgent that it cannot be done safely.
· All injuries and incidents are preventable and IronRidge strives to conduct regular safety drills and monitor the quality of equipment